Terms & Conditions
If successful in becoming a recruiting employer Internship providers agrees to the following:
1. To co-operate with Ulster University in a fair recruitment process to select a successful graduate.
2. To register as an employer on the Santander Universities portal when advised.
2. That the successful student/graduate will commence their internship on an agreed date and you will inform the University of this date.
3. To pay Ulster University the agreed contribution based on the internship length of £150 per week (3 to 10 weeks)
To guarantee up to weeks of well defined, meaningful work aimed at an appropriate level.
To ensure that an appropriately experience mentor is provided for the intern for the duration of the internship and that they provide sufficient instruction to the intern to maximise effectiveness during their internship, monitor their performance and undertake regular progress meetings.
6. To provide a workplace induction during the first week of the internship outlining hours of attendance; support arrangements; Health and Safety regulations; sickness and absence procedures; disciplinary and grievance procedures and holiday entitlement.
7. To permit interns to avail of the same holiday leave as a normal paid employee.
8. To provide such resources as are required to assist the graduate in delivering the internship's objectives.
9. To permit Ulster University/Santander staff to visit the intern at any stage throughout the duration of the internship.
10. To provide a safe working environment and to comply with all Health and Safety regulations and to report to the University team any accidents or ill health arising from work, involving the intern.
11. To not commit any act of discrimination rendered unlawful by the Sex Discrimination (Northern Ireland) Orders 1976 and 1989 or the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 or the Race Relations (NI) Order 1997 or any enactments amending, extending or replacing the same.
12. To maintain confidentiality in relation to the graduate's personal information as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Ulster University Indemnity form: University Indemnity form
Santander Universities Internship Programme: Click here to find out more
Santander Universities: TBC