“Where do I find people to take my survey?” That’s a question that we get all of the time! After all the time and effort spent to create a great survey, when it comes time to fielding the survey, we often find that surveyors are stymied.
The good news is that there are several options to get respondents to your survey! We like to refer to this as ways to distribute your survey. The first step is to identify your target audience, or population: the type of people that you want to have access and complete your survey. Once you have best identified your target audience, you can identify the best distribution method to reach them. Here are some that we recommend:
- Email a campaign or web link to an existing list – If you have an existing list of contacts that have opted-in to receive email from you, then you can send your survey to them. Just know that you should send your survey to a sample of this population and not the entire list of contacts.
- Social media post – You can post your survey link to Twitter or Facebook, or any other social media that you think that your audience will visit. This is sometimes a quick and affordable way to get lots of respondents. Be sure to add disqualification questions to your survey, so that you do indeed get the target audience that you were anticipating.
- QR Code at point of purchase – A QR Code is an encoded image of your survey link. When a picture is taken of this image with a camera-enabled mobile device a respondent is taken directly to your survey. This image can be placed next to a product and survey a respondent about their experience at the point of purchase.
- Embedded link – You can embed your link into your website or blog. This is a great way to distribute a survey link, especially if you are asking respondents about their experience with their visit to your site.
There is one more option that is a great way to hone in on just the right people to take your survey: Panel. A panel company is an organization that exists to match online respondents to a market researcher’s survey for a fee (per complete response).
There are a large variety of online survey panel companies to choose from, which specialize in different types of target audiences. You can contact one of these panel companies, describe your project and a panel project manager will help match your survey with the best sample in order to meet your needs. SurveyGizmo is partnered and integrated with Cint, a global technology provider that empowers access to opinions. Cint offers a worldwide reach of over 7 million people of varying demographics.
So to answer that often asked questions, you find people to take your survey through SurveyGizmo’s Cint integration. Some of the benefits of using this integration are:
- Price – Cint will provide a real-time price within the SurveyGizmo application prior to you sending out your survey. This price is based on your pre-defined target audience, the number of responses that you are gathering and the number of questions in your survey.
- Ease of use – The SurveyGizmo Cint integration is a simple way to cost out the price of your panel. We have a created simple widget to help you do this!
- Speed – Once you have decided to purchase your panel, this request will be fulfilled in 24-48 hours. It is that quick!
- Support – One of the many reasons that SurveyGizmo selected Cint as a partner is because they have the same customer support philosophy as we do. If you have any questions, you can feel free to contact them and know that you will be given great service!
To learn more about the panels and how to use them with SurveyGizmo, please contact Robb, the Onboarding Panel Specialist. He can be reached at 720-496-2136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.