Skip survey header

SEM - Veterans Assistance GI Bill Certification

Contact Information

1. Please fill out the following information:
Are you a new U of I student? *This question is required.
Have you moved since last semester? *This question is required.
Please fill out the following information
Are you an Idaho Resident?
Learn More About Assistance for Non-Idaho Residents

Yellow Ribbon Tuition Assistance – Admitted students enrolled full-time who are not on active duty may be eligible to have 100 percent of out-of-state tuition covered through this agreement between the the University of Idaho and the Veterans Administration. Submit your Yellow Ribbon request.
Choice Act for Veterans Waiver – U of I has expanded the Choice Act to cover all Veterans using the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) and Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), regardless of when they were discharged. Submit your Choice Act request.

Dependents may qualify for either the Choice Act or Yellow Ribbon. Email Scott Oplinger at for more information.

ID National Guard
If you haven’t done so already, please provide your DD Form 4 to the Registrar or email our office for more information:
Please use your email. This question requires a valid email address.
Reminder: Chapter 1606 GI Bill benefits cannot be used for the same classes as federal tuition assistance (TA).