Skip survey header

FAST Study: Online Screening Survey

Introduction

Welcome to the FAST Study (Fasting And Shifted Timing of Eating Study)! The FAST Study is exploring the impact of various fasting and meal-timing conditions on body weight and one's satisfaction with their diet among overweight adults. More specifically, this study is a randomized crossover study comparing the impact of the following three conditions:
 
  • Time-Restricted Feeding (TRF): This involves trying to eat the majority of your calories in the day (i.e. consuming 70% of your total calories before 5 pm and the remaining 30% after 5 pm). You are not required to reduce your normal daily caloric intake, you are simply trying to time when you have your calories throughout the day.
 
  • Intermittent Fasting (IF): This involves eating all of one's meals within a specific time (e.g. 8 hours) frame and fasting for the remaining hours (16 hours) in a day. This study will be assessing an 8-16 time frame.
 
  • Alternate Day Fasting (ADF): This involves complete fasting (i.e. no food or caloric containing beverages, only water consumption) for roughly a 36 hour period, followed by an ad libitum feeding day. For example an individual may fast all day on Monday by having their last meal on a Sunday night and their next meal on Tuesday morning.

We are seeking highly motivated individuals that will do all 3 of these conditions for one week each in random order. If you are interested in participating then continue onto the next page to learn about the eligibility requirements and to complete an online screening survey.