Skip survey header

Police Criminal Misconduct Complaint Form


Please use this form to submit a complaint of Police criminal conduct that occurred in Cook County only.  Note, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office reviews complaints of criminal behavior by police. If your complaint isn’t of a criminal act such as in the list of examples, please notify the appropriate agency noted at the end of this form.

Examples of Police Criminal Misconduct:

  • Burglary 
  • Excessive force (battery, aggravated battery)
  • Home Invasion 
  • Intimidation
  • Making a false report 
  • Reckless driving 
  • Sexual misconduct 
  • Soliciting or accepting bribes
  • Theft
  • Unlawful possession of narcotics
If you have questions about the form or police misconduct in Cook County please email
1. Contact Information
This question requires a valid email address.
2. Incident Description
This question requires a valid date format of MM/DD/YYYY.
4. Were witnesses present during the incident? *This question is required.

Do you have photos or videos of the incident?

*This question is required.
7. If yes, please upload the files here.
If you have trouble uploading, please email files to If your files are too large to upload here please use WeTransfer to send files to
9. Did you get arrested during the incident? *This question is required.
11. Have you been in contact with an attorney about this incident? *This question is required.
13. Have you made this complaint with another agency (Civilian Office of Police Accountability (COPA), Internal Affairs Division (IAD), Cook County Sheriff, Illinois State Police, or a suburban police department)?
  *This question is required.
15. Signature

I understand and agree that the State's Attorney's Office may send a copy of my complaint form and disclose my identity and the nature of my complaint to (i) other government agencies, (ii) the person or agency that I am complaining about, and/or (iii) other third parties.
I understand that the Cook County State's Attorney's Office is not acting as my private attorney. If I have any questions concerning my legal rights or responsibilities, I understand that I should consult a private attorney.
I certify that the above information is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Signature of

To file a complaint about misconduct that does not rise to the level of criminal behavior, such as rudeness, drinking on duty, discrimination, careless driving, sexual harassment, etc, please notify the following agencies:

Regarding the Chicago Police Department - The Civilian Office of Police Accountability (COPA): (312) 745-3598 or

Regarding Suburban Police Departments - please make a complaint directly to the suburban police department involved