2:30pm, September 23rd: Not two seconds after I walk in the door I hear “Will the real intern please stand up?” I guess that’s me. My name is Garrett Knight and I have the privilege of interning at SurveyGizmo in the Marketing department. I’ll be your guide through the riveting adventures of a day in the life of a SurveyGizmo intern.
My job never lacks variety, which makes it a little difficult to describe an average day. So I’ve decided to list my favorite tasks and aspects of my job. Here they are in no particular order:
- Managing our Google Adwords account
- Personally writing thank yous and correspondence to clients and followers
- Compiling lists of potential marketing events and publications for advertisement
- Correcting errors in surveys and progressively getting to know the ins and outs of SurveyGizmo 3.0
- Penning our new employee’s bios (check a few out: Team SurveyGizmo)
- Contributing to layout changes and split tests for the website
Fun Misc. tasks
Straight Misc. tasks
Bottom Line: I love this job. I’m learning applicable job skills and procedures. Plus, I get to hang out with the cool kids of the survey software industry and call it work. SURVEYGIZMO TILL I DIE (or graduate)!